(from left to right)
Mayor Pro Tem Karyl Matsumoto, Councilmember Mark Addiego,
Mayor Pedro Gonzalez
Councilmember Pradeep Gupta, and Councilmember Richard Garbarino
- 7:00 pm
- Second and fourth Wednesday of each month
- Municipal Services Building - 33 Arroyo Drive
Agendas, Minutes, Epackets, and More -
To browse agendas, minutes, epackets, and other documentary information from the City Council, view the City Clerk's City Council Meeting Information.
- Acting as the governing body of South San Francisco
- Establishing local law and policies through the enactment of ordinances and resolutions
- Determining how the City shall obtain and spend funds
- Appointing members to advisory municipal activities
- Representing the City by serving on regional and County committees and boards whose policies may affect South San Francisco
The Council also directs the City Manager and serves as the Redevelopment Agency Board of Directors.
Five members are elected to four-year Council terms. Elections are held in odd-numbered years. Three members are elected together, and the other two are elected in the next election. The Mayor and Vice Mayor are selected by the Council from its members in non-election years. During election years, the Mayor and Vice Mayor are selected after election results have been tabulated.