Phone:400 Grand Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080
WHY SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO
South San Francisco is a great place to live and work. We are only 12 miles from the center of the San Francisco metro area. San Mateo County has set aside 40% of its land area for open space and parks. The quality of life here is great. Our amenities include the San Francisco Bay Trail, beaches, regional parks, and great weather.
We also are planning to improve the housing stock for employees. Besides building 500 modern residential units in downtown, we have plans to build another 1,200 units near two other transit hubs. The new housing will help your employees find affordable housing and get them out of their cars and off the roads.
We’re here to help you take advantage of:
• Great access to UCSF, Stanford and world-class talent
• Lots of space to grow • City’s deep experience in permitting for industrial, high-tech, and life sciences uses
• Our staff will personally assist you
SUMMARY OF OUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES AND INCENTIVES
The City of South San Francisco has made economic development a top priority. The City has developed a number of incentives to assist in the attraction of new business. The City is investigating several incentive programs to help our businesses thrive and grow.
• South San Francisco has been at the forefront of supporting entrepreneurship.
• 14,000 of them work in bioscience in over 100 different companies.
• We are the number one cluster in America and first in venture capital, NIH funding and angel funding, and the first in the number of patents.
• South San Francisco contains OVER 40% of all industrial (including R&D) zoned land in San Mateo County.
• San Francisco has less than 2 million square feet of R&D space, primarily concentrated in Mission Bay.
• San Mateo County has over 20 million square feet of R&D space.
South San Francisco has 8,585,053 square feet of space; Foster City has 1.7 million square feet; Menlo Park has 5.5 million square feet; Redwood City has 2.6 million square feet; Redwood Shores has 1.1 million square feet; and San Carlos has 751,421 square feet. All other cities have less that 500,000 square feet each.